Wednesday, March 15, 2023

NEW HANDOUT: Chinese Seal/Chop and Japanese Hanko/Inkan Printmaking Handout

Another snow day here in New Hampshire, so I'm using my time to post a couple of new resources. First up: this Chinese Seal/Chop and Japanese Hanko/Inkan Printmaking Handout. Find this in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. 


Here's a one-page quick handout/resource to use with students when teaching about Chinese Seals/Chops and/or Japanese Hanko/Inkan. Creating your own seal can be linked to Asian Studies and Graphic Arts.

I teach printmaking to middle school students and I use this as part of a larger printmaking unit I do with them. We do gyotaku printing (fish printing) and then create stamps to seal or sign our work. This handout is used for the creation of the stamp portion of the unit.

This handout is also used to debrief after an activity.


Description:

This one page handout/resource can be used on its own or part of a larger printmaking unit. It's also a note-taking sheet so you can customize it for your specific lesson. I have students sketch their ideas for their stamps on the reverse of the handout.




What you get:

THIS PURCHASE IS FOR A DIGITAL FILE ONLY. You will get a digital file for a one page black and white pdf of my hand drawn Chinese Seal/Chop and Japanese Hanko/Inkan Handout. Note: This file does not have any dates written on it, so you can use it for any year!



How to use this file:



  1. Download the file from TpT
  2. Print on regular paper (not included with purchase) or share via Google Classroom, etc.
  3. Customize by having students take notes on it or use the backside to plan/sketch

You can use this printout on its own or glue it into a sketchbook



Legal Stuff/Niceness Clause: 


I work hard to create these resources. I believe that you are using them for personal/classroom use and will only make copies for yourself and your classroom and will NOT resell these, repost my files (for free or for sale) or sell them as your own. Be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...