Friday, September 24, 2021

Sneak Peek: Tooled metal Line and Pattern Designs

 We've started our first art project in grade 5 and it's one that the kids always love! We use tooling foil and create lines and patterns. We then attach them to mat board and extend the lines and patterns all over the board. 

I tie the work into our ARTifact of the week: Metal Ornaments from Mexico

Here's a sneak peek of what the kids are doing. I have them make three designs with pencil and paper before they start, but once they tool that first design, they have freedom to create three more of their choosing (I don't make them go back and plan--they can just go). 



I'm excited to see how these turn out and I'll post final pictures and a more complete write-up about the process later.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...