Tuesday, July 6, 2021

New Mural at Amherst Middle School!



I think we can all agree that this past school year was "different." I could exchange that word for a bunch of others--some positive and some not-so-much. But I couldn't be totally negative about the past year. My brain just won't let me. There were LOTS of good things.

One good thing was this mural--designed and organized by 8th grader Kasen F. and painted by the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) 8th graders in our school. At *almost* the end of the school year, they approached me with this idea and then they magically made it happen. Actually, it maybe wasn't magic--it took a lot of planning and organization by Kasen!

Our school is a combination of students from two towns and this mural highlights some of the sites from both towns--we even have a local celebrity, the Amherst Bear, and it's in there too!



I was so happy to watch this project come to life and it really is a wonderful additional to the murals in our middle school.

Great work Kasen and all the NHJS students. You've left a lasting touch on the AMS school and community and it was wonderful watching you learn and grow while you were with us. I know you're going to do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...