Here is one of the projects we did:
|Aren't these just beautiful! I want to make these by the dozen!|
Watercolor Heart Pin
When planning this course I try to think of gifts that can be gifted to a variety of people. A pin is a nice gift for a variety of ladies: mom, stepmom, grandma, aunt, cousin, babysitter. Here's my version that uses watercolors with a neat technique along with a few findings to create a lovely one-of-a-kind pin that is sure to be a hit!
- Two little pieces of watercolor paper (ours were about 2 1/2" x 3")
- Watercolors and brushes
- Plastic wrap (maybe two 6" lengths)
- Wooden heart shape (ours were 1 3/4" wide)
- Tacky glue
- About a 14" piece of contrasting embroidery floss, optional
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue sticks
- 5" strand of copper wire
- Various glass beads and/or word beads (I bought both at Michael's--the word beads are plastic, the other beads are glass).
- Pin backing (ours were adhesive-backed so they were just peeled and stick-EASY!)