Saturday, February 4, 2012

Easy Valentine's Cards: Stamping with Wine Corks

I love homemade cards! This year, I used a wine cork and acrylic paints to churn out a few simple cards for my hubby and kids. This is a fun way to learn about basic printmaking and the options are endless!
I TOAD-ally Love You!
(OK, so it's actually a frog...)



Easy Wine Cork Valentine's Cards

Supplies Needed:

  • A wine cork
  • Acrylic paints (assorted colors, a pea size amount)
  • Paper plate for palette
  • Cardstock or a blank card
  • A fine point marker (I used a Sharpie)
  • Embellishments such as googly eyes or antenna are optional (the antenna I used are flower stamens from the cake decorating aisle of the craft store)
Directions:

1. Practice different designs on scrap paper before you move on to the cardstock. I found it helped to have a few sayings before doing the stamping. Here are a few to get you started:

  • HIPPO Valentine's Day!
  • I'm WILD For You!
  • You're DINO-mite!
  • HOGS and Kisses!
  • You're My Sweet-Pea!
  • You're My ALL-STAR! 
  • I think you're TOAD-ally Awesome!

2. Dip the cork into a bit of paint (you don't need much) and then stamp it onto the cardstock. 

3. When dry, use a fine point marker to add details and wording to your card. The sky's the limit! Have fun!

Detail of the card for my daughter--my Sweet Pea!

Here are the Valentines for the kids. I thought of things they liked
and then made a card to reflect that interest. These would also make nice bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...