Welcome!

Welcome!
Art teachers were STEAM-ing before STEAM was cool!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chinese New Year Projects

Chinese New Year is almost here! This year it occurs on January 31st and it is the beginning of the year of the HORSE. I LOVE celebrating Chinese New Year with my students and my children. I guess it's because:

1. I'm so burnt out from Christmas that I'm too tired to celebrate the January 1st New Year
2. I'm always looking for a reason to create art that is non-Western
3. Any excuse for eating Chinese food is OK with me!

Here are a couple of links back to previous posts on China and Chinese New Year-inspired projects you can do. Many have little prep. So decorate your dining room with lanterns and calligraphy, make some fried rice (serve with oranges and fortune cookies) and celebrate!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...