Welcome!

Welcome!
Art teachers were STEAM-ing before STEAM was cool!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

HELP! Rookie Blogger Mistake!

OK, so I've run out of picture space on for my blog (via Google's Picasa). Yeah, I know, I should have been saving my pictures all along to a smaller file size before uploading and now I'm paying the price for my laziness...I know a couple of my bloggin' buddies have also experienced this. Is there an easy way to fix this instead of buying google's extra storage? Is there a way to change the size of my files on Picasa all at once while keeping the links to my blog?

Please don't tell me I'll have to reupload all of my photos one post at a time at a smaller files size...

SIGH. Please help!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a rookie, but have had the same issue happen this past week. I think part of my problem is I've used the same account to create 3 blogs. That...and the fact that I've been blogging for 4 years and have over 600 posts total. Who knows how many photos I've put up!?!?! ANYWAYS?!?!?! I've found I can still post if I go into microsoft photo editor and reduce the size of my new images. Not sure if you have tried that since you received that message or not?! If you find other options...let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up just paying the extra money! I figured it was worth it, because otherwise you can't have your photos stored by blogger. I think if you upload them to a different site, you can copy and paste the image location (like on flickr) but that involves an extra step of work, so I didn't think it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally reached my storage max recently and broke down and decided to pay. I figure the cost is minimal compared to the price of a movie ticket,or a gym membership, or a dinner out, or new shoes, all of which I would do without much thiought about the price. And in the end you will have a backup on your photos when your computer crashes or reaches max capacity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I think this a conspiracy because this just happened to me too. Like in the last 3 weeks. It seems a bit shady that it is happening to us all at once. I am so lazy that I didn't even want to pay. So I grabbed a photo bucket account. It's free. Now I just upload there and copy the link they give me. I don't like that I have to do it, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the others that I just paid. When I first started blogging, I couldn't upload photos in their full size, so I resized all of them. I was SO happy when I didn't have to do the extra step. It was worth it to me to just pay for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...