|Mmmm...try this rice recipe...|
Rainbow Chicken Fried Rice, Serves 6 or so
Early in day:
Cook 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice with 3 cups of water.
Cook 3/4-1 pound chicken breasts until done. Cool and chop into bite-sized pieces.
Refrigerate rice and chicken until later.
Make egg pancakes: Beat 3 whole eggs and 1 egg white in a bowl. Heat 1 tsp. oil in wok over medium-high heat. Pour in half of the egg mixture. Cook, using a spatula to gently lift the cooked portion up allowing the uncooked egg to flow underneath. Gently flip the pancake over to thoroughly cook. When done, remove to cutting board. Repeat with additional egg mixture. When cool, chop both pancakes into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Prepare the following for the stir-fry:
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into "coins"
- 1 can of stir-fry cut baby corn, drained
- 2 scallions (green parts only), chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- oil, I use an olive oil/canola blend
- low sodium soy sauce, about 1/4 cup, or to taste